Cone Beam 3D Dental Imaging
Ask Afinia Dental - Mason if our services are right for youMake an Appointment
What is Cone Beam 3D Imaging Used For?
Dental cone beam CT is commonly used for treatment planning of orthodontic issues. It is also useful for more complex cases that involve:
- Impacted wisdom teeth
- Dental implant sites
- Jaw and bone deformities/misalignments
- Nasal cavity/sinus issues
- TMJ disorders
- Facial trauma
- Complications in muscular structure, lymph nodes, gums & nerves
- Tumors and cysts
- Oral cancer
Benefits of Cone Beam 3D Dental Imaging
- The focused x-ray beam reduces scatter radiation, resulting in better image quality.
- A single scan produces a wide variety of views and angles that can be manipulated to provide a more complete evaluation.
- Cone beam CT scans provide more information than conventional dental x-rays or CT scans, allowing for more precise treatment planning.
- CT scanning is painless, non-invasive and accurate.
- X-rays used in CT scans should have no immediate side effects.
- Creates a pathway of dental nerves & roots.
Your oral health care provider at Afinia Dental - Mason uses cone beam imaging to make diagnoses with superior accuracy. Call us at 513-583-6996 to schedule an appointment.